Mushroom Lover’s Cheesy Noodles
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (that’s before cooking)
- 2 TBS butter or margarine
- 2 TBS flour
- 1 package beef dry mushroom soup mix
- 2 c. milk
- 2 c. shredded American cheese
Preheat oven to 350.
First get your noodles cooking (follow directions on your package). While cooking, melt your butter in a small to medium sauce pan. Once it melts, slowly stir in the soup mix and flour. It will create a pretty thick paste. Immediately start to slowly add in milk. Make sure you keep stirring! Now stir in 1 1/2 cups of your cheese. Your noodles should be close to being done now. Drain them. Combine the sauce you just made with your noodles in a buttered baking dish (we use a 1 1/2 quart one). Top it with the rest of your cheese and bake for about thirty minutes (or until it starts to get a nice browning and bubbling going on).
*Make this healthier: Substitute the American cheese for low-fat versions. Use all purpose whole wheat flour instead of regular white all purpose. Use whole grain noodles. Easy!
- 1 cup cottage cheese 11/2 plain non fat yogurt
- 1 freshly crushed garlic clove
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBS grated onion
- 1/2 tsp salt (more or less according to taste)
- 5 cups cooked egg noodles (works out to about eight ounces)
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400.
Cook and drain your noodles according to your package. In a large bowl, mix together all of your ingredients, but holding back 1/4 c. of the shredded cheese. Butter up or spray a two quart casserole dish. Use the rest of your cheese to sprinkle the top. bake for about 25 minutes.
Super Easy, Cold Macaroni Cheese Salad
- 1 c. macaroni, cooked, drained
- 1 c. diced Cheddar Cheese
- 2 chopped hard boiled eggs
- 2 TBS chopped pimiento
- 2 TBS pickle relish
- 2 TBS chopped onion
- 2 TBS your favorite Italian dressing
- 3/4 cup sour cream 3/4 teaspoon salt
Combine everything together and blend it all together. Chill it. You’re done.
Hearty Beef Spaghetti
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 3/4 c. chopped onions
- 2 TBS oil
- 3 8-oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tsp sugar
- hot cooked spaghetti
Brown your beef and drain. Mix in the onion, oil and tomato sauce. Let it slowly come to a boil. Cover it and let it simmer for about ten minutes. Serve hot over your noodles.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 c. chopped green pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 c. (1 pound) tomatoes
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 oz mostaccioli noodles, cooked, drained
- 1/2 lb cheese spread,
- Thinly sliced grated Parmesan cheese (for topping)
Preheat oven to 350.
First brown and drain your beef. Throw your onion and green peppers in. Cook a few minutes, just until to they’re a little tender (or to however soft you want them). Blend in the tomato paste, tomatoes, seasonings and water. Put half your noodles into a sprayed two quart baking dish, add some meat sauce and cheese, keep layering. Top it with the parmesan and back about 25 minutes.